Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work in the best interests of our patients. Patient safety is achieved by adhering to the following safety charter principles…
- To control and prevent cross infection we follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health in England and Wales.
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilised after use.
- Work areas, the dental chair and equipment handles are decontaminated in-between patients.
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including the wearing of clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery.
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained.
- All forms of waste are handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers.
- For continual improvements in care, service and safety to our patients we operate a good governance system called iComply.
John Wedgwood has overall responsibility at the practice. The team is supported through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. The practice always welcomes questions, comments and suggestions from patients.